Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 20 - JoJo Still Mad

From:
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:41 PMTo:
'Pete'Subject: RE: The Factor is
Back

Pete

Whether you intended to infringe on copyright or not – the fact is that you did - at the
moment when you supplied a link to my unaltered page and called your site the
permanent location of the “New Ancaster Factor” I have confirmed via lawyers
that you are in direct violation of copy right laws.

Ancaster Factor was designed built and maintained only by myself with a true community
spirit. I have spent a lot of time and money during the 11 years where I was
manually updated every single request of even people like you that I did not
know with no benefit to myself. And the last two years have been spent trying
to update it with new ideas that can benefit local Ancaster people. The site
was developed for my friends as I lived abroad for 11 years and many and most of
the people on the site I know – so when you contacted them my phone was
ringing.

The spirit in which Ancaster Factor came to be – was a truly selfless act on my part I have
never received nor asked for any money for being posted on my site – neither
have I ever asked for Ad dollars – all Ad’s on my current site are free to my
friends who have a business interest in Ancaster and are living in Ancaster.

I am insisting that you change the landing page from ancaster.com/the-factor to
completely disassociate yourself from my site.

The original owners of the Ancaster.com site were a whole lot smarter than you and understood
the true meaning of community spirit and cooperation – they contacted me
directly prior to going live with their site and asked if they could provide a
link to my site on the Ancaster.com page and I was honored to have my site
linked to Ancaster.com.

That you would hi-jack my site – is so outside of true Ancaster community spirit – all of
the people on the list did not join a random website of people they did not know
– they knew their own friends and could make the Ancaster Factor
Connection.

I think the real piss off is that you send a blind email from “pete” and you are a digital
ad exec, you are not uneducated about website development or design.

You took an idea and stole and represented it as your own, you and your colleagues had
intent to benefit from my concept and name with absolutely no alterations this
will only reflect badly on your own character and website.

Your lack of apology also does nothing to help the situation – I have proposed a town
flogging for Pete in light of no parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment